Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Album of the Day

Four, by Blues Traveller (1994): One of the recurring themes I have during the A-to-Z CD expedition every year is that I find more mainstream albums that I have that haven't been listened to in months (indeed, this one not since the last A-to-Z in 2006), think "hmm, that's pretty good," and then promptly fail to listen to it again for another year. This one probably fits that bill. It's really quite good - even the MTV hits that helped the album breakthrough are good - but for some reason there's not much of a need to hear it most of the time.

5 comments:

jedijawa said...

Could it be because it was overexposed at the time that it was released? I agree that it's good and it's in my collection too ... but I haven't listened to it in years.

Christopher Scott Jones said...

Dude just got busted for guns 'n weed while one of his friends was driving over 100 mph.

jedijawa said...

Savor the irony. Details available at the Film Geek's bloghllws.

JD Byrne said...

Wow. Looks like being mentioned on a third-rate blot pushed him over the edge!

jedijawa said...

I think you should do a special "Book of the Day" feature for Ann Coulter and see if you're on a roll here!