Friday, July 15, 2005

Gotta Change My Movie Viewing Plans, I Guess

Ya' know, I was really on the fence about whether to plunk down my hard-earned dollars to see the new big-screen version of The Dukes of Hazzard when it opens next month. But now that Republican Congressman Ben Jones, better known as "Cooter" from the Dukes TV series, has come out against the film (which, in good Republican fashion, he has yet to see) as a "sleazy insult" to the "family-friendly" TV version I guess I won't. He might not be far off on the flick being "sleazy" (the preview got boos from the audience I saw Batman Begins with), but am I misremebering some youthful memories by thinking that the TV series wasn't exactly "family" entertainment to begin with?

UPDATED to include a complete thought in the first sentence. Evidence that I shouldn't blog on my days off.

No comments: