Thursday, December 15, 2005

Oedipus Wrecked

You just cannot make this stuff up. One of the pitfalls of Internet dating is that when time comes to meet in the real world the person on the other end of you love connection is not what you thought they were. Maybe their shorter than advertised, or dumber, or something from another planet. But your mom?!? It happened to Daniel Anceneaux, who chatted with "Sweet Juliette" for six months before arranging a meeting on a local beach. Turns out that "Juliette" was actually Daniel's mother. How warped is this:

"Mom called herself Sweet Juliette and I called myself The Prince of Pleasure, and unfortunately, neither one of us had any idea who the other was," said flabbergasted Daniel.

"The conversations even got a little racy a couple of times.

"But I really started to fall for her, because there seemed to be a sensitive side that you don't see in many girls.

"She sent me poems she had written and told me about her dreams and desires, and it was really very romantic.

"The truth is, I got to see a side of my mom I'd never seen before. I'm grateful for that."
Are you sure?!?

UPDATE: If I'd read the byline more carefully, I'd have seen that this came from that paragon of journalistic integrity, the Weekly World News. I'd say that significantly raises the probability that it is, let us say, exagerated. Thanks to Concurring Opinions for actually reading it.

No comments: