Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fun With the Fundies

Over at Pandagon, there is a post that discusses a three-pack of lunacy from one fundamentalist Christian group:

  • Wicca is part of a worldwide plot orchestrates by Satan,
  • Yoga, if done correctly, will subject you to being taken over by evil spirits, and
  • Christians have "no right to make use of psychic powers."*
Glad they've clarified those things for us, especially the last one. Read the Pandagon post for full quotes and links.

* You can't beat logic like this: "Sirhan Sirhan, for example, had demonic psychic powers and predicted the day that Robert F. Kennedy died." It's almost like Sirhan Sirhan had something to do with it!

3 comments:

jedijawa said...

You know, I never considered that the burning in my calves while doing downward facing dog could be the fingers of Satan trying to overtake my soul. I'll have to be more careful next time. Do you think that Tai Chi is safe? What about running...I definitely feel the demons trying to get in after doing a hill workout!

Unknown said...

Shew! I don't know, man. One time when I was lifting weights and got a really bad cramp in my hamstring....I think that was Satan trying to possess my leg!

I prayed a lot right then, and God miraculously sent me bananas from Heaven (you know, for Vitamin K, or whatever it was) so the cramps would go away....it was a miracle!

jedijawa said...

When I was playing football in 9th grade (yes you read that right) there was this guy who was bench pressing who said he needed to fart while he was working on his big press for the day. His spotter advised against it but he went ahead and farted anyway and ended up blowing shit out his shorts legs all over the guys who were standing around watching. Well, that is what became apparent when they all started running away screaming. I suppose he was purging Satan but nobody seemed to appreciate the divinity of such a miracle at the time. That ever happen to you 75?

I think I may have done some expelling in the lake before my last triathlon...but I'm not saying for sure. ;-)