Monday, January 22, 2007

Album of the Day

That's right, kiddies, it's back! My annual comprehensive trip through my CD collection, with one album each day spotlighted for some particular reason. This year, rather than go alphabetically by artist, I've decided to go by album title. That should keep things from clogging up around particular artists (no need to hear "Karn Evil 9" five times in a row, for example).

And so, first up for this year . . .

(), by Sigur Rรณs (2002): First up, generally, would be the albums with numbers in the title. Leave it to me to come up with something that slots in before the numbers, with no real title at all. As I said earlier, this band reminds me of a cross between Kid A-era Radiohead and Godspeed You Black Emperor. Long, slow atmospheric buildups with indecipherable (and made up, in this case) lyrics. Good, in a weird way.

No comments: