Monday, January 15, 2007

New Year, New Tunes

I'm generally not one for New Year's Resolutions, but this year I vowed to try and spend more time being creative. Actually, I just promised myself that I wouldn't come home from work, flop down on the couch, and vegetate in front of the tube. The first results of my new found creative time are now up on ACIDPlanet. After taking a listen, you may want to convince me to go back to being deeply engrossed by Dr. Phil (it's a guilty pleasure, I admit) every afternoon.

First up is a guitar-bass-B3 (via M-Audio's wonderful Key Rig) groovy type thing with the completely pointless title "Congressman in Vibrating Spaghetti Incident."* The other was a guitar riff I found last year, but I couldn't figure out anything to do with it. More B3 goodness in this one, called "Cone Dancing." I'm fairly pleased with the organ bits I came up with for each of these.

* Blame Hatfield and the North. Once you've heard instrumentals with titles like "Lobster in Cleavage Probe," "Gigantic Land Crabs in Earth Takeover Bid," and "(Big) John Wayne Socks Psychology on the Jaw" it's just impossible to have any editorial control over whatever interesting phrase passes through your orbit.

No comments: