Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm a Winnah! (Redux)

It is done, yet it is not finished.

What could lead to such near incoherence? Why the end of National Novel Writing Month, that's what! For the second year in a row, I've hit the magic 50,000 word month and thus I'm a NaNoWriMo winner twice over!


After a month's worth of work, I've pooted forth 50,202 words. That's the good news. The bad news is that, unlike last year, I'm nowhere near finished with this book. Last year's Plausible Reliability finished up at about 73,600 words, so I was two-thirds of the way through after NaNo. The Water Road is, at best, about halfway finished, and that depends largely on whether I try to wedge one character's story into it or leave it out for a separate novella. Miles to go before I sleep and all that.

Thanks again to everybody who has offered a kind word or encouragement along the way. Hopefully, this one won't end up in a heap on the kitchen table once editing time comes along!

No comments: