Thursday, November 05, 2009

A Kindred Spirit

One of my pet peeves, although one I don't go off on much here because I don't carry a camera around with me all the time, is the abuse so many people heap upon quotation marks. Hardly seems like a day goes by where some store sign or announcement completely mangles the poor things.

Thankfully, I've found somebody else who is keeping an archive of this abuse, The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. On first blush, my personal favorite is this one, a sign I've seen at a restaurant in the Pittsburgh area:



I'm not keen on the idea of sushi to start off with, but "sushi"? Sounds dicey.

Check the link above for more grammatical foolishness.

1 comment:

jedijawa said...

I like how everyone seems to want to make things plural with an apostrophe now. I can't tell you the way's that this bothers me. I can't say what these idiot's are trying with it but the other day I found myself typing such a thing and just about yakked.