Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Me v. The Blind(s)

The lack of new info here at the Ranch the past couple of days is due to a freak industrial accident I suffered on Monday. The boss and I went to our satellite office in Huntington so I could get a client (whose appeal I won) resentenced. Once at the office, I decided to let the sun shine in by opening the horizontal blinds in the window. Big fucking mistake. Said blinds tumbled from their brackets and came hurtling towards me. Thankfully, I broke their fall with my left hand, my left thumb, specifically. Several hours, two hits of Lydocane, and a tetanus shot later, I had a lovely five stitches across my thumb and a very clumsy splint to boot. What fun! Typing with that thing was nearly impossible, but I've been upgraded to a sleeker model that allows me to type a wee bit. So it's back to business!

BTW, my client got more than a year knocked off of his sentence and got the best result he could get right now in the Fourth Circuit. So let it never be said that I haven't shed blood for my clients.

No comments: