Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What Leadership

As large chunks of the country lie in ruins from one of the worst natural disasters in history, where is our illustrious leader? Well, to his credit, Dubya did cut and run from Texas when Katrina was bearing down. But now that it's hit, it's apparently more important to give a speech making bullshit comparisons between the war in Iraq and World War II to get cracking on disaster issues. I know it's mostly symbolic, but I'm sure that Clinton would have been on the Gulf yesterday to provide some aid and comfort.

To be honest, I've given Dubya a pass on one of the most vivid images from Fahrenheit 9/11 - his sitting still reading that damn children's book for several minutes after the World Trade Center was attacked. Lots of people on the left said that showed his inability to act and general worthlessness as a leader. Well, given the events of the past couple days, I've changed my opinion and now tend to agree.

No comments: