Sunday, June 11, 2006

Low Phat Beats, Served Hot and Fresh

When I was young, I was a musician. I mean, I actually played musical instruments, I didn't just pontificate about tunes. I've not done a lot of playing since high school, but my recent computer upgrade led to the purchase of a Sony's ACID Music Studio 6.0, which basically allows you to turn your PC into a loop-powered recording studio. Throw in a USB-connected MIDI controller, and I had all I needed to actually make some music.

So, that's what I've done. Extending the Infinity Ranch name to the musical realm, I've setup a page over at ACIDPlanet to pimp my tunes. So head on over there for the first three tunes I've put together since my musical renaissance.

For what it's worth, here's a picture of my current "studio:"




There's my Gateway laptop connected to an E-Mu X-Board 49 MIDI controller. And, yes, that's the bar area of my kitchen (the dishes are clean, Mom). This is lo-fi, people, I'm telling you. :)

No comments: