Monday, April 09, 2007

Album of the Day

A Live Record, by Camel (1978): I have come to the conclusion that I own enough Camel. Between the three studio albums, later-day DVD in my collection, and this live album, I think I've caught about all the band has to offer. None of it is bad - far from it. There's a lot of nice playing going on, between Barden's liquid synths and Lattimer's Gilmour-ish guitar. But not much of it goes anywhere. For example, the first 10 tracks on disc one of this 2-disc set were completely new to me and, after several listens, I can't tell them apart. They blend together into a pleasing, if unremarkable, whole. I will say this, however - the CD reissue of this set got punched out and expanded to include two full discs of material, which is a good thing.

No comments: