Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaNo Update - I'm a Weener!

Not like I waited until the last minute or anything, but I'm happy to report that I am a "winner" of National Novel Writing Month 2008. That means I've written at least 50,000 words this month. As I said earlier, this won't be the end of it, as I've got a ways to go before this first draft is finished (current total is 50,806 words*). Still, I'm content to sit back now and revel in a sense of accomplishment for a few minutes. Woot!

Thanks again to everybody who provided support or encouragement over the past month or so!

For the record, the 50,000th word was "pieces," if you're scoring at home.


* Actually, the total is now 52,382! The juices were really flowing today.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Congratulations! That's a great achievement!

Any idea how long before the book is finished?

primalscreamx said...

Congrats, man. Now put your head in the vice and say you have to have an ending by Christmas day. Do it.

JD Byrne said...

Thanks, guys! The plan is to finish it up by Xmas and set it aside for a month or so before I start editing.