Monday, November 10, 2008

NaNo Update

Well, it's ten days into my second attempt at National Novel Writing Month and, I have to say, things are going much better so far this year.

The daily target to reach the 50,000 word threshold is 1667 words a day, which I've rounded up to 1700. After ten days I'm up to . . . 17,003 words! Woot! To put that in some perspective, my project last year limped across the finish line at about 19,000 words and died completely at 22,000 a couple of months later. Not only am I keeping up on the word count this year, but I've got a firm idea of where I'm going know there's a lot of words left in me on this story, so I think I've got a good shot of hitting 50k before the month is out.

If anybody is interested in seeing how it's going, check my profile over at NaNoWriMo and click on the "Novel Info" to read an excerpt from the scene where our hero first meets his new client.

And a big thanks at this point to everyone for the support in the comments, my coworker who is actually eager to read the finished product, and the girlfriend for putting up with me driving up to see her these past two weekends only to flip open my laptop and start writing!

2 comments:

Paul said...

That's fantastic. Keep it up!

I tried to look at your profile but I got an "Unable to connect to database server" error. I'll check again later.

Anonymous said...

Read the excerpt and I can't wait.