Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Album of the Day

Yes: Close to the Edge. Reading through the lyrics of the three songs on CttE at work today I was reminded of when I first got online back in college. At the time, most of my music collection was on cassette, taped from LPs that my brothers owned. Lyrics, therefore, were left strictly to my imagination. Once online, I discovered the many web sites devoted to various bands, complete with lyrics for every song imaginable. Including Yes. Once I found them, however, I had no great awakening as to what Jon Anderson was warbling about all those years. Even with the words right in front of my face, they make no sense. And the still don't. If any English prog band could get away with making an album in a foreign language, it would be Yes. But the music is great, so who cares?

No comments: