Thursday, June 23, 2005

Album of the Day

Karma, by NDV (2001): NDV is the alias of drummer/vocalist supremo Nick D'Virgilio, known for his work with Tears for Fears, Mike Keneally, and, of course, Spock's Beard. When I got this album, I bought it just out of curiosity to see what a guy who plays with two of my favorite groups (the Beard and Keneally's bands) would do on his own. The fact that Keneally, several of his bandmates, several Beard guys, and the late Kevin Gilbert appear on the disc was also neat. As it turns out, this was sort of a dry run for Nick before he took over the reigns of Spock's Beard. I like a lot of the tune on this disc - they're more straight forward than I'm used to, but they're well done. And, on reflection, it is a pretty good indication of what the modern Beard sounds like.

No comments: