Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Album of the Day

Liquid Tension Experiment, by Liquid Tension Experiment (1998): Back in the days before they were the instrumental core of Dream Theater, John Petrucci, Mike Portnoy, and Jordan Rudess got together with Tony Levin to be Liquid Tension Experiment. One of the first new prog all-star groups, LTE cranked out two albums worth of aggressive instrumental prog metal. What it lacked in restraint LTE made up for with pure technical wizardy. As I said in my original review, when it worked it was pretty cool. But more often than not, it's just aimless wankery. Fun enough to listen to in the background, but not really worth seeking out in the first place.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this blog named after a whore house in Nevada?

Anonymous said...

Dude!

I went to that place once and there was this CHICK that had the biggest DICK I've ever seen. After she blew me I got the hell out of there.

Anonymous said...

Yo Steve,

Isn't there a place in DC where you can do it with a six foot chicken?

Anonymous said...

That's an urban myth. The only place that I know where you can get a chickn job is in in Tialand. And the chickens aren't nearly that big.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be great if you could get a chicken job and a basket job at the same time.

Anonymous said...

That's soooo KFC.
-Grrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Bock Bock Mr. Bear!