Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Small World

Sometimes, I think, people believe that all West Virginians are related to each other somehow, often for unseemly reasons. Well, this story probably won't help. It details on ongoing criminal case in federal court involving a former legislator (indeed, I think she represented my area when I moved in) named

Lisa Smith.
The Assistant US Attorney handling case's name is
Hunter Smith.
The defendant's attorney is named
Tom Smith.
OK, I can say with complete certainty, since I know of the attorneys involved, that none of these folks are related - it just looks that way. Nonetheless, some local conspiracy theorist will come up with some scheme that ties them altogether (particularly given the outcome of the hearing).

On the other hand, the transcript probably reads a bit like play-by-play from any of the Korean's games at this summer's World Cup: "Kim to Kim to Kim to . . .".

No comments: