Monday, October 09, 2006

Home Studio Redux

Back in the summer, when I was first getting online with ACIDPlanet, I threw up a post with a picture of what I euphemistically called my "studio." Finally, after some hemming and hawing, I've managed to upgrade my surroundings. With help from the girlfriend (thanks, honey!) I picked up a new desk and a storage thingy from IKEA. Today I had a chance to put those together (damn those Swedes who decided that assembly instructions could be adequately conveyed only by pictures!), along with a spiffy keyboard stand that I got last week and some upgraded computer speakers. Thus, voila:


Yes, that is the Roger Dean cover art for the Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe album on the wall behind my keyboard rig. Every thing works and the new speakers really round out the synth sounds I've got to play with. So, at some point, I'll have some new goodies up at AP.

3 comments:

jedijawa said...

Wow, so do you think that Roger Dean art will survive past your bachelorhood? You've had that for a long time. At least as long as when we had our apartment in college.

Anonymous said...

Not a bad setup. You need a good 16-channel mixer though.

CherryTeresa said...

I just wanted to say hello. I found this site by doing a Google Images search for "home studio setup laptop keyboard" and found your image. Clicked to see the rest of your blog and found out that you're also an atheist and (from what I can tell) a libertarian. So I just wanted to say hello because I don't know many atheist libertarians and I know even fewer atheist libertarian musicians.

Also thanks for giving me some ideas for my setup.