Wednesday, September 12, 2007

This is Why People Hate Cops

Dan Solove over at Concurring Opinions has a post with a YouTube video of a guy who gets pulled over by a cop for no apparent reason. When the driver tries to assert that he's not doing anything, the cop threatens to arrest him on made up bullshit charges or worse. Too bad the guy he pulled over was running video (CNN has an interview with the driver here).

You really should watch the video, but here are some choice quotes (my transcription is a little rough - I could have heard some things incorrectly):

You wanna try me? You wanna try me? Tonight? . . . I will ruin your fucking night! . . . Do you want to try me tonight, young boy!

You wanna go to jail for some fucking reason I come up with?

You wanna see how knows the law better?

Ever get smart mouth with a cop again, I show you what a cop does.

Talk back to me again and I . . . say you resisted arrest or something, you want to come up with something? I come up with nine things!

[something about swerving] I might give you a ticket for that. Want me to come up with some more?

Come on, boy! Come on, boy! Gimme some more lip!

Answer me, or I'll lock you up . . . complying with a police officer's demands.

You want me to lock you up and show you I'm right and you're wrong?

I don't have to have reasons to pull you over.
He had what almost every cop has - almost unquestioned authority to make you do their bidding. His only sin was getting caught. If there is any justice, this cop's 20-year career is about to come to a crashing halt, hopefully with a lawsuit chaser.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

check this out www.dumbazzcops.com
very entertaining