Monday, April 13, 2009

He Who Smelt It . . .

. . . gets a yellow card, apparently.

When I was playing soccer for a few years, I managed to make it through season after season and only collected one yellow card. I had the bad sense to get into an argument with the ref, during which I accused him of not knowing the Laws of the Game. He didn't take too kindly. Other than that, I managed to play a pretty clean game.

It's a good thing I didn't know about this particular provision, however:

A referee ordered a penalty to be retaken in a Sunday league football game when an opposition player broke wind as the ball was kicked.

The Chorlton Villa player got a yellow card for the noise which was classed as 'unsporting behaviour'.
I always figured that the regulation of noxious, but non corporeal, bodily function during game play would be limited to something like cricket!

No comments: