Sunday, September 20, 2009

Gonna Be Some Changes Made

I've been writing this blog for more than five years, during which I've made over 3000 posts. I say that not to toot my own horn, but to show just how much time I've spent writing this thing over the years. As a result, sometimes the blogging crowds out my other creative outlets, sapping what you might call my precious creative fluids. At least, that's the excuse I've come up with for my sluggish "progress" in other areas.

The upshot of this realization is that I've decided to greatly slow the pace of things here at the Ranch in order to (hopefully) concentrate on some other writing. Rather than post up anything that strikes my fancy - several different things, on a good day - starting Monday, I'm going to confine myself to one post a day. Try to contain your grief, dear reader(s)!

This will do a couple of things, I hope. One, the (fewer) posts that show up here at the Ranch will be more substantive, with fewer "holy shit, will you look at this" one-line posts. Two, I'll have more time in those hours between work and dinner (when my motivation to do much of anything disappears completely) to work on fiction and such and get some stuff done in that area.

Wish me luck - and keep reading!

No comments: