Monday, November 27, 2006

New Tunes (With Funny Names)

Over the weekend, I had a chance to finish up a couple of songs I've been working on and upload them to ACIDPlanet. They both got funny names that are (I'm absolutely serious) subject headers in SPAM Emails that I got. One is "Outpatient Beast," a 5-part 15-minute epic that is by far the most ambitious thing I've tried. Whether it works as a whole, I'm not sure. The other is "Suave Udder," (told you I couldn't make these up), a much more straight forward groove-based bass/drum/guitar piece.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

DUDE! "Suave Udder" is so cool! They're both awesome, but that one is a lot of fun!

Very cool!

Thwacko said...

I need to wait until this weekend to listen to both in their entirety. Pretty sweet so far. I know you play synths, but do you play guitar too? Great in-between dirty tone.

JD Byrne said...

Nope, I only play keys. I have a VSTi that I use for really simple bass lines, but any bass/guitar stuff outside of that comes from loops. Two of the first loop collections were all guitar loops.