Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What Happened to Shame?

I saw an ad for this last night during House and nearly fell out of my chair. OJ Simpson has written a book and will give an interview on Fox in which he will not admit that he killed his ex-wife and Ron Goldman. Rather, he will answer questions as if he comitted the murders. I swear to your God that I am not making this up:

The taped interview was conducted by publisher Judith Regan, who is putting out a book Simpson wrote in which he ''hypothetically describes how the murders would have been committed,'' Fox said in a statement on Tuesday.

The interview will be the basis for a two-part Fox special, tentatively titled 'O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened,' airing on November 27 and November 29, Fox said. The book, 'If I Did It,' goes on sale on November 30.

I'm not sure what surprises me more - that OJ would be so shameless as to try a stunt like this, or that Fox would go along with it. Oh, wait a minute, who am I kidding!

4 comments:

jedijawa said...

Oh boy, now we lawyers get to look forward to having to explain to everyone the concept of double jeopardy.

JD Byrne said...

I don't think so, young jedi. The whole point of this farce is that he's going to "hypothesize" about how the crime would have happened "if" he did it. He's never going to really confess.

Where's the rolleyes emoticon when I need it!

KULA said...

I saw that. I was really shocked. Then I realized, this isn't what he would've done if he would've killed them, this is more like his fallback plan if the other one would've not worked.
How is he allowed to make money off that is beyond me!

Thwacko said...

Sure, I was shocked initially. Now, not only do I believe FOX will do it, I'll fucking watch it!