Monday, January 26, 2004

Album of the Day

Every January I start a project where I listen to every CD I own while I'm at work, from All Too Human to Zappa, Frank. It's the only time I actually listen to some things I have. It's also a chance to rediscover a lost gem or two. So, while this is going on, I'll write a bit about one disc I listened to at work.

All Too Human: Forever and a Day. The beginning of my collection, this is a fairly average disc of prog metal produced by a band from Texas. I actually won it a couple years ago in a contest run by the Dutch Progressive Rock Page. It sounds mostly like Queensryche (to me at least), except for "Life Begins Anew," which is the best Caress of Steel-era Rush tune the Canadian trio never recorded. Good but not great. Sadly, it's by far the best of the 10 discs I got in the DPRP prize pack.

No comments: