Monday, February 13, 2006

Album of Last Friday

Feed the Silence, by Dark Aether Project (1999): I seem to be focusing on second albums here recently, for some reason. This is DAP's second release, with an almost completely different lineup from their first, IIRC. When I originally wrote about this album for Ground & Sky (linked above) I concluded:

My overall impression of the album is that it was made by a group of very good
musicians who share a pretty strong vision of what their music should be.
Unfortunately, that vision just doesn't excite me all that much. I'd recommend
this album to those who like a little less structure and more of a free form to
their music.
Which just goes to show how tastes change. I'm not going to put Feed the Silence on my list of Desert Island Discs any time soon, but I get a lot more out of it than I did several years ago.

No comments: