Friday, February 17, 2006

Texas Is Bizarro World

I know things are different in Texas, but I had no idea it went this far. Harry Whittington, who was shot in the face last weekend by Dick Cheney in a hunting accident, was released from the hospital today. At a press conference, Whittington - I can barely type this with a straight face - actually apologized to Cheney:

My family and I are deeply sorry for all Vice President Cheney and his family had to deal with this week. ...We hope he will continue to come to Texas and seek the relaxation he deserves.
Are you fucking kidding me?!?! You get blasted in the face and you're sorry for all the shooter "had to deal with" as a result? Holy shit. Whittington is a lawyer, and for the sake of the criminal defendants of Texas, I hope he becomes a judge. I can already see the sentencing arguments: "Your Honor, my client should receive a lesser sentence because the victim in this case has not accepted responsibility for the hellish existence my client has endured since this crime was committed." I wonder how far that'll fly?

No comments: