Monday, March 05, 2007

Album of the Day

The Field, by The Field (1996): The Field was the brainchild of Paul Lamb, who contacted me after he read a (not altogether flattering) review I wrote of his old band, Rocket Scientists. Paul offered me a free copy of The Field to review, so I jumped at the chance. This is a short concept album, a political one no less, that sort of seems (lyrically) like 40 minutes of Pink Floyd's "Sheep." Musically, it's fairly solid classic prog. My big complaint in the initial review (from what I remember, can't find it online, hence no linkage) was with Lamb's vocals, particularly when he's cranked up and angry. To his credit, I remember him agreeing with me on that. Regardless, this disc is unique in my collection, both for its content and how it found its way to my house.

No comments: