Friday, March 30, 2007

The Messiah That Melts In Your Mouth, Not In Your Hands

I suppose, with Big Butter Jesus on the scene, it was only a matter of time before somebody made a giant chocolate version of Christ. I am, in me best Dave Berry voice, absolutely not making this up:

A New York gallery has angered a US Catholic group with its decision to exhibit a milk chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ.

The six-foot (1.8m) sculpture, entitled "My Sweet Lord", depicts Jesus Christ naked on the cross.
The Catholic group in question is the Catholic League, which means more public bloviation from renowned blowhard/jackass Bill Donohue. That alone is reason enough to make me smile.

1 comment:

jedijawa said...

Do you think they would have made as much fuss if Jesus was made out of "white" chocolate?