With my last post, I've reached a bit of a milestone here at the Ranch, one that I didn't really see coming - that was my 2000th post. It's hard to believe that I've been at this going on four years! As someone who occasionally popped off online in the old pre-blog days, I would never figured that I could keep up the daily pace I have. I don't always try to be profound, or insightful, or even funny. But I hope it's a least interesting most of the time.
Just like any media anniversary, I feel the need to reminisce. Here are a few of my favorites of the first 2000 posts:
- Three bits of flash fiction, my first forays into trying to be a "writer"
- A series of posts about the Blakely and Booker Supreme Court cases, which have caused great uncertainty at work for the past few years
- Dog pictures - gotta love those!
- An early movie post, about The Battle of Algiers
- My mano-a-mano with US National Team coach Bruce Arena after last year's World Cup
Thanks to everyone who's been reading and commenting. I'll try to keep going for another 2k!