Friday, October 17, 2008

I Am the Champions

Previously I'd mentioned that, in addition to autocrossing with the Southern WV branch of the SCCA, I ran a good hunk of the Steel Cities region events in the Pittsburgh area, as well. Last time I posted, I was chronically finishing second, notching the runner up position in my three events up there.

The three other events I ran up there went considerably better - another close second, followed by two wins! As a result, I finished top of the "Tire (PAX)" class for the season and 31st (of 237!) overall for the year.

If I may toot my own horn - woot! This marks Legal Eagle Racing's fourth championship (2003 G/Stock, 2006 H/Stock and PAX in the SWVR) in the decade I've been doing this. I'm particularly proud of this one, given the level of competition in SCR and the fact that I didn't run enough events to have a mulligan if I needed it (SCR counts the best six results for championship calculations).

And congrats to jedi jawa's mechanic, who eked out the championship in Street Modified, 596.95 to 596.87!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you just said, but GOOD FOR YOU!!