Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Music? On MTV?

Yes, kids, back in the days when if you wanted to talk with someone you had to pick up a telephone and "texting" meant proficiency in ASCII programming, the "M" in MTV actually stood for "Music." They played videos and stuff. Since they no longer do that on TV, they've opened up a spot on the web where you can search out your favorite videos.

There are lots of holes (I know I've seen old Marillion vids on MTV/VH1, for instance), but there's a bunch of really cool stuff, too. Like:




Robert Wyatt? Are you kidding me? Of course, I did first hear about Shleep during an MTVNews blurb, so maybe that makes sense.

2 comments:

Christopher Scott Jones said...

This website has left me pretty much useless since yesterday.

I've seen every Pretenders and GnR video at least 7 times and everything by Journey 22 times.

Odd, it also seems that the back of my hair has grown three inches, while my bangs remain unchanged...

Anonymous said...

Niiice...I just watched every Replacements video they have. Which aint much, but whatcha gonna do.