Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missed That Call

Last month, when John McCain loosed Sarah Palin on the world, I opined that I thought it was actually a pretty savvy choice on his part. Of course I didn't like her - but I was hardly the target audience. Several weeks later, it looks like I got it wrong:

The top reasons cited by those who said they thought less of Mr. McCain were his recent attacks and his choice of Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska as his running mate.
So Palin has gone from a little boomlet to a complete drag on the ticket. I stand happily corrected!

1 comment:

Paul said...

I was worried about the same thing, but the Obama camp played it smart and didn't turn the focus of their campaign to showing what a idiot she is. They just let her do that on her own, and boy did she ever, despite the McCain campaign trying to keep her cloistered.

If Obama had attacked her (by simply pointing out the obvious), it might have generated some sympathy for her from the middle.