Monday, May 26, 2008

WV Cops 8, PA Cops 0

Yesterday, after spending a sunny Saturday with the girlfriend, I headed about 1.25 hours north to autocross with the Steel Cities Region at BeaverRun Motorports Complex. On the long drive home, I witnessed an amusing phenomenon.

On the 100 miles (or so) of Pennsylvania Interstates I covered, I didn't see a single cop running radar - particularly odd, given a high-traffic holiday weekend.

Once I hit the West Virginia border, however, things completely changed - I saw two WV state troopers with people pulled over within four miles of the state line! I saw two more in quick succession, although they didn't have any prey at the time. Altogether, in the 160 miles from the state line to Charleston, I saw eight WV troopers.

So, at least our state troopers are working hard this holiday weekend!

No comments: