Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Imagine What He'd Do If He Didn't Like Her

From San Ber'dino, California, comes this story of true love. Or at least true insanity. In June, 2002, Christian Lindblad (wonder if his head is shaped like a potato?) shot his girlfriend in the groin and then held her hostage for six days in his garage. In spite of the best "home remedies," she eventually needed real medical treatment. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison this week. And what was his victim's reaction? She plans to marry him:

'I love Christian today as deeply as I loved him before this awful thing happened to us,' Stebbins wrote in a victim impact statement. 'We are soul mates.'

She added: 'I want to tell you all that I have forgiven Christian. And I pray that Christian has forgiven me for failing him when he needed me most.'
Holy shit, what kind of "failure" could possibly result in being shot and kidnapped?!?

No comments: