Thursday, January 05, 2006

Jezebel Boy

I have nothing against religious people who live their lives in a very strict "moral" way, assuming they don't condemn me for living my own life. In that vein, I simply love it when one of the public Bible-thumping morals police gets caught doin' things he shouldn't ought. Like Lonnie Latham, executive committee member of the Southern Baptist Convention who was arrested in Oklahoma City last night, not just for soliciting sex from a prostitute/undercover cop, but from a male prostitute/undercover cop. That's right, the man who:

has also spoken out against same-sex marriage and in support of a Southern Baptist Convention directive urging its 42,000 churches to befriend gays and lesbians and try to convince them that they can become heterosexual 'if they accept Jesus Christ as their savior and reject their 'sinful, destructive lifestyle.''
His excuse when caught? "I was set up. I was in the area pastoring to police." OK, he may very well have been set up, but "pastoring to police?" Is that what the kids are calling it now?

No comments: