Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shameless Self Promotion

Today one of my co-workers, who not only reads the blog but actually read my bio, asked about the "frustrated writer of fiction" tag and asked read something I've written. Sadly, the "frustrated" part means I don't produce much actual written product. However, I remembered that I did actually have some fiction in the archives.

Last September, somebody on one of the forums I frequent began a flash fiction "contest" open to all comers. She'd provide a prompt, a word limit (or range), and a deadline. With those in place, I was actually able to finish some. I participated in three rounds, but got sidetracked and the thing ended shortly thereafter. But, if anybody's interested, you can check out my entries here, here, and here (all stories (c) 2006 JDB. Any reproduction prohibited. Violators will be vigorously prayed against ‘til their naughty bits fall off.).

Enjoy!

No comments: