Monday, March 03, 2008

Album of the Day

Down With Gravity, by Forever Einstein (2000): It's hard not to love a band that can churn out a track list like this:

1. Maybe spending the rest of your life in a madhouse will teach you some manners
2. My mule wouldn't walk in the mud so I had to put 17 bullets in her
3. You want fries with that?
4. My wife's ex-husband's grandfather's bowler is now mine and I never wear it
5. Minimalism is not incompatible with destiny
6. With a car like that you must be knee deep in whores
7. Tell the little man with the big head the bank is CLOSED!
8. A fruit pie salesman with a whoopee cushion living in Witchita Falls OR Wow! If your fly weren't open you'd look just like Roger Moore
9. I'm going to cut the soles off my shoes sit in a tree and learn to play the flute
10. Better to be early than lift your leg
If you're wondering, they're all instrumentals. In fact, they remind me a little of Dreadnaught in places, along with the references mentioned in the linked review. Unfortunately, there's not much in the actual songs that my mind latches onto. Aside from "With a car like that . . .," which I had on a Cuneiform compilation disc before I got the album, nothing really knocks me out.

No comments: